To conceal the chaos in which the United States of America seems to be cooking (Opioids epidemic, housing issues and gun-violence) its foreign policies aim even lower, affecting a truly global consciousness, at times of extinction. 1
By making what is observed as an unilateral action, unfounded and over all deleterious to what’s been the long process for peace 2 taking place since 2015; president Trump, lacking basic sense of respect 3 and PM Netanyahu detached from reality announced their acknowledgement of Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel by preparing the installation of an US embassy in this city, bringing unrest and indignation to the region, but more principally causing outrage to the muslim community world-wide and unrest to the residents of Palestine. 4
Israel as an state has exhausted all its excuses revealing a core of violence, behaving as a terrorist state, when its ultra-nationalist measures are pardoned in name of humanity as if we owe them apologies.
A terrorist state ignores any language other than violence,5 it is committed to abuse and rejoices with impunity; the plot behind USA and Israel over Jerusalem which looks more like a comic blackmail against humanity, is an insult. Jerusalem belongs to humanity in its patrimonial terms, but it is and always will be the capital city of Palestine, the nation which gave a home to the jew community when no other nation at that time wanted to.
We at GROUND want to show our support with and to the Palestinians.
1. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIH) - Opioid overdose Crisis.
2. NEWS WIRES - Russia declares Syria 'completely liberated' from IS jihadists
3. Daily Maverick - US: 12/06/2017 – The day Jerusalem gained a US embassy, and Donald Trump threw away US leverage by J Brooks Spector.
4. Reuters - Muslim Around the World Rally Against Trump in Solidarity with Palestina.
5. Reuters - Israeli missiles target Syrian military facility near Damascus: Syrian state media.
Text: Ismael Ogando on Saturday 9th, December 2017 – Berlin.
Photo: © Mussa Qawasma / REUTERS – A Palestinian protester hurls stones as tear gas is fired by Israeli troops during clashes as Palestinians call for a "day of rage".